Dreams

Sunday, November 13, 2005

It is very negative to go into the next examination that you'll be taking right after you start complaining about the weird and tough questions and the apparent crap that comes out of your brain to manifest itself on your paper. But I cannot resist because I've been resisting since Tuesday.

Here goes. The story of my A levels. (Or a third of it since I still have 2 more weeks left)

I went into the exam room feeling like I could ace the Math Paper and I expected to go out feeling like I aced the paper. Sadly, I went out feeling like utter shit. I felt cheated, doing all those years of TYS could simply not prepare me enough for the paper. I wonder if looking back, I could have done better but the fear and irrationality of the questions made my mind go blank with horror and disbelief. Still slightly optimistic, because Paper 2 could save my A. Ha! Stats were ... basically I stopped counting the number of marks I lost after it hit 20 plus. I told whoever I could that the people who set the paper ought to be shot and dragged by wild horses over hot coals. Then I decided that death would be too good for them and tried to devise other means of trying to make them pay for the amount of suffering I was going through with this huge blow to my self confidence. Then I decided that I better start doing my history. I slept at 1, trying to study for history and not even studying for GP which I need to get at least a B3 for. I simply couldn't finish. GP essays were weird, or rather I simply could not remember enough facts to do them. I did 3 mindmaps before settling on the question which was about the dependence of the world on oil. I suspect I did not manage to make whatever examples I had bring out the points well enough. It was medicore. The GP passage was kind of weird since it only had one passage. I was suspicious enough to check with the questions to see if I was somehow missing out a passage. I had fun before history because of the people I was sitting with who were trying to study with me. We are all capable of going hysterical when the stress starts to hit us. Then we had to go for history so GP and history in one day. I looked at the source based. It had 4 sources. I looked again. This year is so weird, we normally have 5 sources to evaluate but there were only 4. Lucky thing if not I would not be able to finish. I ended up doing IR, RR and totalitarianism. I wanted to do NI but could not really understand the question. Actually, aside from the IR question, which again was suspiciously easy, I did not really understand the rest. Especially the RR one. My brain refused to put my thoughts in my brain into concrete ideas that made sense.

Anyway, that's it. Tried studying for econs and lit but couldn't really do it. I don't know if I can do lit tomorrow, we'll worry about econs when it comes after tomorrow. Seriously, I don't know the text for country wife well enough and I know that even if I do the context, I probably won't be able to make a real go at it. I need to do a context for merchant's tale too. Unless there's a question on tone and imagery. Then I'll laugh like a madman in the exam venue. And if there's isn't a question on Angelo or Isabella and how they change in the course of Measure for Measure to reflect the themes in the play I'll shoot someone. My context is far from perfect due to the lack of sensitivity to the language. Help.

But through it all, I thank the Lord for seeing me through this past week. It's been ups and downs, mostly downs but the people who've been encouraging me all this while have provided the ups to make up for the downs.


Comments: Post a Comment
* about.

christine. st nicks. vjc. 04a53. 13 aug. guides. chelsea. i like good things in life, just like how i appreciate the people who care about me. pardon any words that you may find offensive, i do not mean to offend.

Lazing around


Listening:Home-Michael Buble
Feeling:Tired
Doing:Watching Chelsea Review DVD
Wanting:25th Nov 2005 to come *

* blog links.


Basilia
Benita
Cheryl O
Cheryl Q
Chun Jia
Eileen
Fariza
Hui Yi
Hwee Min
Kat
Lucas
Nat
Nette
Peggy
Ren Hui
Sam
Samantha Lim
Sharon
SNGG
Tze Qi
Yue Yiao
YY's new blog
04a53 web
04a53 blog

My Walk with God
Chelsea FC
Football Photos
TB/X Fics
Guestbook 2

Wishlist


-Playstation 2
-Anything to do with Chelsea!!
-Armani sunglasses
-Guns and Roses "Greatest Hits"
-L'Arc'En'Ciel "Dune"
-Maksim "The Piano Player"
-Maksim "Variations Part I & II"
-Velvet Revolver "Contraband"
-The Lion King 1, 1 1/2, 2 VCD
-Katherine Ramsland "The Vampire Companion"
-Anne Rice "The Tale of the Body Thief"
-Anne Rice "Blood Canticle"
-Swarovski star shaped christmas ornament
-Calvin Klein Eternity Moment
-New drumsticks
-Clavinova

blog archieve

11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007

* thx to

- blogger
- blogskins.com
- serendipityq.com


- Cheryl aka Pwure